291 North Trade Street, Tryon, NC 28782
Phone 828.859.9195 Fax 828.859.6653
Police Department Mission
The Tryon Police Department is committed to enhancing the quality of life in our community by working cooperatively with the public and within the framework of the constitution to enforce the laws, preserve the peace, reduce fear and provide for a safe environment for all our citizens.
* The Tryon Police Department’s highest priority is the protection of life and property.
* The Tryon Police Department will respect and protect the rights and dignity of all persons and conduct all citizen contacts with courtesy and compassion.
* The Tryon Police Department will be fair and impartial in the enforcement of laws in our community.
* The Tryon Police Department will remain sensitive to the needs of the community in providing police services.
* The Tryon Police department will maintain the highest levels of integrity and professionalism in all its members and activities.
* The Tryon Police Department will involve the community in policing activities that directly affect the quality of community life.
* The Tryon Police Department recognizes the individual value of each member and will seek input from employees in matters of job satisfaction and effectiveness.
The Police Department provides a 24 hour a day service to the approximately 1,646 residents within the Town limits. It is comprised of nine full time sworn officers including the Chief, eight reserve officers and two full time civilian telecommunicators. The Tryon Police maintain mutual aid agreements with the Polk County Sheriff’s Office, Columbus and Saluda Police Departments. It also provides the Town Communications Center that dispatches the Fire, Police and Public Works seven days a week from 7am-7pm.
Chief of Police – Jeff Arrowood
Captain – Tim Wright
Lieutenant & Records Administration – Theda Rickman
Patrol Officers – Alan Corn, Landis Jenkins
Reserve Officers – Gregg Osteen, Chris Beddingfield, Brad Hicks, B.J. Bayne, Jeff Ramsey, Melvin Snipes, David Lindsey, Mike Miller, Leslie Meade, Mark Russell
Communications – Blake Arledge, Tara Atkins