The Town of Tryon was chartered by the North Carolina General Assembly and established as an incorporated municipality in 1885. With the support of residents, the first part of 3.3 acres, located at 425 Markham Road, was bought in 1892 as a donation to the town for a public cemetery. The property became an active cemetery in 1900 and the Tryon Cemetery Commission was established in 1923.
Mayor Alan Peoples
Town Clerk Susan Bell